All participants are expected to read the official rules prior to each event!
These rules apply to Lax Amplified, Summer Genesis, Summer Genesis Origins, Midwestern War Games, Bash at the Boardwalk, MidAmerican Mayhem, National Headliners, and National Fall Lax Festival.
THINKLAX TOURNAMENTS will follow all 2021 US Lacrosse & NFHS Rules as it pertains to each age level with the following tournament modifications/clarifications:
- There are NO timeouts.
- During an injury timeout, the clock will run.
- 8 –Meter Shots: will be played if the horn sounds for the end of the game or half. If the 8-meter is already in play when the game horn sounds, then the game is complete at the time of the horn, if the ball crosses the goal line after the game horn the ruling is NO GOAL. (Same)
- Alternate possession – The team listed first on the schedule receives the first alternate possession. After the initial possession is awarded, the possession will then alternate.
- Uniforms must meet US Lacrosse rules, Free Position on the first draw if they do not, if both teams are illegal, start with a draw. No jewelry allowed on players.
- 1 Yellow Card – the player must sit for 2 minutes, running clock, the official will keep time.
- 2 Yellow Cards – the player must sit the remainder of the game. This player may return to the next game.
- RED Card (PLAYER) – The player must sit the remainder of the game and NEXT game!
- RED Card (COACH) – The coach must leave the game and remain away from the game until the completion of the game and the coach WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COACH THE REST OF THE EVENT!
All teams will play in pools of equal competition level. We will do our best to give more interregional match-ups at our events and give all teams the opportunity to increase their level of play or experience success in their pool. Typically, our tournaments yield one of the lowest goal differentials in the country when the tournament is finalized. We will only take into account feedback from Club Directors and Club Owners as to team placement in our events.
TOURNAMENT (POOL PLAY) GAME FORMAT
- 4 full field games (weather permitting)
- 5-minute running halftime
- The central horn will indicate starts and stops of games and halftimes
PLAYOFF GAME FORMAT
- 12-minute running halves, 2-minute running halftime
- Playoff time is kept on the field
- During stopped play for an injury, TIME WILL STOP!
- If there is a tie at the end of a playoff game, sudden death is played after a 1 minute rest period.
- All players and parents/guardians must have signed the player waiver form before any participation including but not limited to: warming up, stretching, playing in a game.
- Coaches must check-in at the Coach’s table at the main tent prior to the first game to verify rosters and waivers.
- All rosters MUST BE SUBMITTED at least 2 weeks prior to the tournament start date.
- Rosters must include First Name, Last Name, Player Number, Player Email, and Position.
- Each team is allowed to no more than (4) coaches on the field for each game.
- ALL COACHES MUST BE US LACROSSE MEMBERS AND COMPLETE OUR WAIVER.
- Coaches can only coach their sideline – cannot be in the substitution box, on the field, or in the spectator area opposite the score table and benches.
- All substitutions are handled on the fly or on a goal scored.
- All coaches MUST RESPECT the officials, their opponents, opposing coaches, scorekeepers, parents, and event staff.
- thinkLAX tournaments have a “zero-tolerance policy” for coaches not adhering to the said rules above. Games will be forfeited if rules are not abided by.
- Only head coaches can address the officials and must do so in a respectful manner.
- Respect your opponents and “Honor the Game” on all levels.
- Poor sportsmanship, taunting, trash-talking, fighting, running up the score, or other unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated by anyone at our events.
- Once kicked out of our event you cannot come back even for a later game.
OVERALL TOURNAMENT GAME FORMAT AND GAME RULES
- All games will start promptly at the assigned times.
- No timeouts permitted at all during the tournament.
- The central clock will start and stop games and halftime.
- Officials may stop on-field play for any reason he/she feels fit, examples include serious injury, game equipment issues, sideline problems, etc.
- Time-serving penalties are kept by the field Marshall.
- The official score is on the scoreboard of the scorer’s table – signed by coaches!
- All Substitutions are on the fly.
- There is no Mercy Rule for Youth Games.
- All appropriate equipment and mouth guards must be worn at all times.
- Officials and the Tournament Director have the final say on all interpretations and rulings.
- No team will receive a full refund.
- No refund of any kind for a team that is registered and withdraws after the final payment is due.
- No refunds will be issued if the tournament is canceled or shortened for any reason, including inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Inclement weather is out of the control of tournament directors, officials, and site managers. Safety is our number one concern. In the event of thunder and/or lightning, all games will be suspended for 30 minutes from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly scheduled time. No games will be made up or delayed.
- The tournament will be held in the rain. In the event of heavy rain, it is up to the facilities we are renting from to determine if the play is permitted on the field or not. The tournament directors will push hard in order to ensure all games are played, however, the facilities have the final say.
- Please see our detailed Inclement Weather and Heat Index Policy on our website for more information.